2020 Speakers include:
The Coal Industry Day
2020 Coal Industry Day
For Producers, Traders, Investors & Users
Thursday 20 August 2020
We are pleased to announce that the 2020 Coal Industry Day will take place online as a virtual discussion on Thursday, 20th August. Key stakeholders in the coal industry will discuss and debate the way forward for the coal sector in Southern Africa post Covid-19.
As with other commodities, coal has been significantly impacted by Covid-19. It is unclear what demand will look like post Covid-19 or how many smaller producers will survive. International and environmental pressures continue, and questions are asked about the long-term sustainability of the commodity and investor confidence. Notwithstanding this, coal remains a crucial energy source in Southern Africa.
Key questions to be discussed will include:
- What will the landscape of the coal industry look like post-Covid-19?
- What has been the impact of the pandemic on global supply and demand fundamentals?
- What are the strategies of the coal producers going forward?
- Where will funding for future coal projects come from?
- How can logistics and transportation enable greater access to markets going forward?
- What is the impact of renewables on the coal industry?
- How do we map the “just transition” towards cleaner energy sources?
Join us to hear how the coal industry is changing, what the international trends are and what the future might hold.
This year’s Coal Industry Day will bring together key stakeholders including government, mining companies, traders, logistics providers, investors, environmental and legal experts, energy consultants, alternative energy producers and more – to discuss and debate the way forward for the coal industry in Southern Africa.
More information on the programme and speakers will be available very soon. Keep checking back here for more details.
To secure your participation, please register now and guarantee your place.
Mining Industry Partner:
The Coal Industry Day is brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba.
“By the industry for the industry”