Date: 27 July 2022
In-Person R6267.50 (inclusive of vat)
Online R4542.50 (inclusive of vat)
We are excited to once again host in-person Indabas, however, as the COVID-19 Global Pandemic continues, we are required to cautiously manage our in-person events with the health, safety, and well-being of our participants in mind. As such, we require all in-person attendees to be vaccinated.
Coal & Energy Transition Day
2022 Coal & Energy Transition Day
For Producers, Traders, Investors & Users
Wednesday 27 July 2022
Brought to you by Resources for Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba, the Coal & Energy Transition Day is set to take place at the Country Club Johannesburg, Auckland Park (and online) on Wednesday 27th July. With the global drive towards decarbonization and net zero emissions, the discussions this year will focus on the just transition away from coal and the shift towards greener energy solutions.
The current challenges and opportunities facing the coal industry in light of the war in Ukraine, the global pressures on traditional energy sources and the increasing urgency to decarbonise will be discussed at length, as well as: what will Southern Africa’s future energy mix look like? What is the potential for alternative and renewable energy sources to solve the energy challenges? How can we transition away from coal in an ethically and economically responsible manner? And how do we fund the projects that will form part of the future energy landscape?
Leaders from government, industry, coal producers, alternative energy providers, investors, funders and independent experts will discuss key issues such as:
- What is the impact of current geo/political developments on global energy needs?
- How are circumstances impacting the role of coal in meeting the world’s energy needs in the short and medium term?
- Are we seeing an extension of the life of coal as a result?
- What will Southern Africa’s future energy mix look like?
- What actions does the industry need to take to begin the energy transition and move away from coal?
- What is being done to create ‘green coal’ throughout the value chain?
- What is the role of renewable energy in the energy transition?
- Who will fund the green revolution and what funding is available for alternative energy projects?
- What are Eskom’s plans for meeting energy demand and its views on coal and alternative energy sources?
- What are Transnet’s plans for increasing capacity and protecting its rail infrastructure?
- And much more...
More information on the programme and speakers will be available here on our website very soon.
In the meantime, be sure to register and guarantee your place.
We look forward to seeing you in person or online in July.
Chair: Bernard Swanepoel
Mining Industry Partners:
For sponsorship opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org
21st Century Women, African Mining Brief, African Mining News, African Mining Market, African Surveyors, CoalShastra, Global Africa Network, Interact Media, Inside Mining, Media Xpose, Mining Business Africa, Mining CSI, Minerals & Exploration Africa, Mining News, Modern Mining, Mining Review Africa, Mining Weekly, Sub-Sahara Mining & Industrial Journal
The Coal & Energy Transition Day is brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba.
“By the industry for the industry”